We welcome all Christians, all ages and all backgrounds to Word on the Wash.
In line with our partnership with Keswick Ministries we align with the following:
Our priorities: we seek to serve the local church through:
Hearing God’s Word: the scriptures are the foundation for the church’s life, growth and mission, and we are committed to preach and teach God’s Word in a way which is faithful to scripture and relevant to Christians of all ages and backgrounds.
Becoming like God’s Son: from its earliest days the Keswick movement has encouraged Christians to live godly lives in the power of the Spirit, to grow in Christ-likeness and to live under his Lordship in every area of life. This is God’s will for his people in every culture and generation.
Serving God’s mission: the authentic response to God’s Word is obedience to his mission, and the inevitable result of Christ-likeness is sacrificial service. We seek to encourage committed discipleship in family life, work and society, and energetic engagement in the cause of world mission.
• There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
• God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
• The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supremeauthority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
• Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God’swrath and condemnation.
• The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
• Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
• Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted in God’s sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God’s act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
• The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
• The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christ-like in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
• The one holy universal church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
• The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God’s just condemnation on those who have not repented and to receive the redeemed to eternal glory.